Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thanksgiving...

Had my first Thanksgiving dinner of the year at church tonight. Amazing turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, and layered chocolate desert. Kathy, myself, and my brother Josh sang a special (which went pretty well). All in all a great evening. It got me thinking about things I'm thankful for. Here's a short list...
  • My family...If you don't know my wife, let me simply say this...I married above what I deserved...she is an amazing woman. My two children are the cutest kids you will ever meet (and I'm not being biased, it's just true). Eli and Addie both sat through the whole dinner and program tonight without causing any sort of disturbance, which is quite a feat for a baby of 7 months and a 2 1/2 year old.
  • God...He is revealing things to me about myself that I need to know and challenging me to grow. Besides which, He has never left nor forsaken me and my family. He is my Savior, Lord, protector, and provider.
  • Work...Even though I occasionally think this handyman work is going to kill me, I am so grateful to have a job which allows me to provide for my family. I also enjoy getting to work with my dad and brother. Plus, I'm learning how to do all sorts of useful stuff.
  • My parents and siblings...It is fun being here with my family for this time in our lives. I truly love them and enjoy getting to spend some time with them. My dad and brother having been playing fantasy football with me this year and I am beating them both...
  • amazon.com music downloads...This list is in no particular order, just things I am thankful for. Kathy thinks I already have way too many CDs lying around, so being able to download music that I want and not having to deal with the physical disc is nice. Plus they have really good prices on lots of stuff and even have sales on digital music...
  • Weekends...Because my work occasionally wears me out, I am grateful for days to relax and recharge.
  • Christmas Music...I love it!
  • DS...My family bought me a DS game system last Christmas. I don't often have time to play video games these days, but when I want to relax with a game this portable system is lots of fun.
  • My Ipod...I use this thing everyday. I am a music addict and and I am thankful to have a device that lets me listen throughout the day.
  • Losing Weight...I have lost 22lbs so far and have about 6 to go...
I'll stop there, but as you can see, I have been greatly blessed, and I am glad we have a season called Thanksgiving to remind us that we should be thankful for the blessings God has placed in our lives.

1 John 3:1-3 1 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to be thankful for your inlaws - I'm sure it was just an oversight, but really, DS makes the list before the people who raised that wonderful wife of yours?? And you even know I read your blog! JK
    Guess Who

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you thankful your wife still makes you come home and change diapers? Or did she finally learn to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev (anonymous 1)...forgive my oversight...I truly am thankful that wife comes from such a strong Christian family. It is such a blessing to be able to visit the inlaws and enjoy myself when I hear so many people who dread those visits.

    Anonymous 2...I don't know where you get your information, but my wife is quite an accomplished diaper changer (she has changed more diapers than I ever will)...however in answer to your question, Yes I am thankful for changing my child's diapers. It is a blessing to be given the opportunity to take care of my children and be a Father to them...Diapers are simply part of the bargain. If you have children, take every opportunity to be a part of their lives, even if it means changing diapers.

    ReplyDelete