Monday, November 1, 2010

Starting Something New

   So...I've attempted to keep a blog before, but I've never had much success.  However, my wife is an avid reader of blogs, my sister writes one, and I have found myself drawn to them more often than I would have thought, so I have decided to try again. 
   I'm not sure what the content of this blog will consist of.  I would love to be one of those bloggers who actually make money writing their blog because so many people follow it and they can get advertisers.  (mainly that appeals to me because it sounds like a nice way to make extra cash)  Something tells me that this will not be the case.  So I think for now this will simply be a place for me to think out loud and show off my kids once in a while.  
   For this first post, I will take a moment to explain the title of my blog.  Gang Aft Aglay is a Gaelic phrase from a poem by Robert Burns.  The line reads "the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay."  Translated it means "Oft Go Astray."  I do not speak Gaelic (though I think it would be cool if I did) but when studying this poem in college it stuck with me.  I am a 28 year old with a college degree in ministry.  I currently work for my Dad as a handyman in a small little panhandle town in TX.  I've made plans in life, and many of them have fallen through.  However, I cling to the promise found in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Just because my plans have not all worked out the way I thought they would doesn't mean that God no longer cares, or that I'm no longer usable by God.  It simply means that my plan has changed.  God still has a plan for me and my family and we are simply waiting and praying for Him to reveal the next step.  Maybe this blog will talk about a few of those steps along the way...
   We'll see how well I do with writing on this thing regularly...if anyone reads this, hope you enjoy. Until next time,


   May the road rise up to meet you
   May the wind be ever at your back
   and until we meet again
   May God hold you in the center of His hand

3 comments:

  1. I love it Jeremy! I'm glad you are going to blog again, I'll definitely be keeping up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey why didn't my first comment stay on here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said last time...I am proud to be your first follower

    ReplyDelete