Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pictures

 I know this picture isn't the prettiest, but this cake that Kathy and I made yesterday is maybe the best cake I've eaten this year...Not joking. I got the recipe from a Betty Crocker book I purchased in the checkout aisle in Wal-mart. It is a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting. If I thought it would survive being mailed to you, I would send a piece to anyone who asked because I think you should try it...

On to the blog for the day. I mentioned in my first post that this blog might occasionally be a place for me to show off my children. Today is one of those days...
This is a picture of myself and Eli at the Halloween festival. He was supposed to be me. We drew a beard on him, found some glasses, and gave him a tool belt. His shirt says "Daddy's Little Helper." He won first place in the birth to 3 yr old level of the costume contest...
 These next several pictures are from Maxwell's Pumpkin Farm in Amarillo. Neither of our children were very interested in having their picture taken, but we got a few that were pretty cute. Do you think there is any family resemblance between the two of them?
 Adelaide seldom smiles for pictures these days...she tends to frown at us or simply look stoic. Here's a bit of  a grin...
 Eli thought that holding this pumpkin was pretty cool...I think he would've stayed pretty happy if he hadn't been sitting on hay that kept poking through his pants...
 Addie running through a tunnel made of hay...she thought this was super fun...
 I love my little girl and I think she is beautiful...I liked the glow behind her head here...


 I love digital cameras. They give us the chance to take lots of pictures and simply choose the best from the bunch. (my wife occasionally thinks that I choose the wrong pics from the bunch.)

As a follow up to my post yesterday, I forgot to mention my in-laws in my list of things for which I am thankful. This was a gross oversight. I am extremely blessed in that I married into a family that I actually enjoy spending time with. They are strong, godly Christians and they raised their daughter in that vein. I have heard so many jokes/complaints from other married couples about their in-laws and I am thankful that I can't relate.

As a second follow-up, Kathy showed me this blog post after she read my blog last night. It is from a mother to her children, and it very nicely elaborates the point I was trying make about being "happy." Hope you enjoy reading it...http://itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-dont-want-my-children-to-be-happy.html
Have a great night...

1 comment:

  1. Eli's costume is absolutely adorable and he looks just like you! I like that picture of the two of you because you can really see the resemblance. Those pictures of Addie are beautiful, she looks so grown up. Good pictures Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete