Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2nd

Two days in a row...this might be a first for me.  As I write my 2 year old is sitting at her door crying that she "wants mommy to sing." I'm not cold hearted, but this is the second night this week where she told us that she wanted one of us to sing her to bed and then changed her mind. Sunday night we let her cry for about 45 minutes, decided we couldn't take it any longer and I went in and sang to her and put her to bed. The problem is,  she hasn't taken a nap for the last two days, and tonight is once again trying her best to not go to bed. We are afraid of setting a precedent that we will succumb to her desires if she simply cries long enough and loud enough. So, for now she sits and cries and I try not to feel so bad that I give in to her. It's a bit heart-breaking...

Do you think God ever feels like this? We push and pull for our own way, and yet he knows what is best for us. So while we bang our heads against the wall and wonder why things seem so hard in our life; wonder why God seems so far away, He is up there looking down on us and simply waiting for us to give up the fight and surrender to His will and plan. The farther we get from His plan, the less we look to Him for guidance, until  something so big that we can't handle it comes our way and we crawl back to Him and ask for His help.

I think sometimes that this is where we are as a country. We've tried things our own way for so long, that we've forgotten what it looks like to ask God for guidance. Now that our country is in the tough situation that we have, rather than looking to God for help, we look to a change in political party. Don't get me wrong, I think it's important to vote, and I think there needs to be a change in the current government, but this should not be where we place our hope for the future. The Republicans don't have it all figured out and they won't be able to get our country completely back on track. My biggest concern right now is how big is the wall going to have to be that our country runs into before we realize our need for God once again?

She is finally quiet...I don't know if she fell asleep at the door or went back to bed...we'll hope for the latter...

1 comment:

  1. Man, I could sure use thoughts like these in my life. Keep it going

    ReplyDelete