Friday, November 12, 2010

Snow and Shortness of Breath (or keystrokes)

We had our first snow of the year today! Not sure if this is a good thing or not. We didn't start the tile job, which means I'm probably not working tomorrow (this is good). However, it was stinking cold this morning and very wet. Since we didn't get to start laying tile , we went and did an indoor painting job that didn't last all day and I got to cut out early. This was nice since it gave us time to put up the Christmas tree!

We only got so far as the tree and lights, but I think we will try to get the ornaments put on tomorrow. Addie was funny as we unpacked the box with the tree, some lights, and some odds and ends from Christmas last year. "Look momma a snowman!" "There's a Christmas bear!" "Look momma I'm helping daddy with the branches." (we have an artificial tree so we were fluffing the branches.) She was carrying around about 6 different Christmas items at one point and trying to pick up others.

In an effort to keep this brief tonight (shortness of breath) I'll just add one more cute story. This morning before I left for work, Addie woke and and needed the potty. After she finished, she wanted to watch a VeggieTale. So, in an effort to allow Kathy to sleep a bit longer, I sat down to watch part of the video with Addie. When it was time to leave for work, I opened the door to discover that it had snowed...When Addie saw the snow she declared "When I get done watching my VeggieTale I can go play in the snow, and maybe eat some of it!" Her memories of snow from last winter are playing and eating it. May we all be as certain in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment