Monday, November 8, 2010

Everything's Fine...

This is the first day I've sat down and couldn't think of anything to write. I've enjoyed writing daily, but tonight I almost feel like it is a waste of time. However, it could be because I am watching a movie while trying to write, "Everybody's Fine".

This is a story about a man trying to go and see his family. I don't know how it ends, but it is a bit sad so far. This man seems to genuinely desire to see his children, but they all cancel on him last minute. So, he decides to go visit them all as a surprise. His children seem to all be too busy for him and lying to him about their brother. 

The thing that stands out to me so far is that he just wants to know his kids are happy. They all tell him that they are, but you can tell that none of them truly are. The question that is going through my mind is...am I happy? Then as soon as I think it, another question pops into my head...is happy really all I'm striving for? 

We have a mens Bible study at the church on Monday mornings. We have been studying Ecclesiastes. If you want to be a bit depressed, this book can do it too you. Solomon wasn't very encouraging when it came to making you feel like life had a purpose. As we've been studying, the only thing comes across as important is that we strive to follow God with our lives. It's all meaningless without Him...

So am I happy? Yes. God has blessed me greatly. The bigger question is, Have I placed God at the center of my life? Until He is center, none of us are going to be truly happy, we'll just keep saying that everything is fine...






Watch "Everybody's Fine" it was good...

No comments:

Post a Comment