Sunday, January 9, 2011

Resolutions etc...

   I'm not sure I believe in New Years resolutions. They tend to simply be things we say but don't actually do. However, I recently read a blog that suggested choosing three habits that you would like to have in your life and commit to doing it everyday for the next 100 days. Much smaller commitment but if accomplished should put you well on the way to making it a long-term habit. Here's what I chose...

   1. Scripture Memorization...I started memorizing Ephesians last year and it is taking longer than I planned. Part of the reason for taking so long is that I haven't been committed to it everyday.
   2. Play Guitar...I miss playing my guitar. If I get this job as a worship pastor, I will have more reason to play it everyday. However, job or not, I want to get back to playing music.
   3. Pray...sure I pray often, but not intentionally. I pray over my meals, and for my children, and for my future, but not with consistency. I want to be a person of prayer.

   One other thing I am committing to is losing weight. I gained back about 10 pounds over the holidays, so I have about 15 pounds to lose. No lose by date this time, just a commitment to keep at it until it's gone.

   So what are you going to work on for the next 100 days? Are there things in your life you want to change? Why not commit to changing them and ask God to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment