Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Happening...

   So, after almost 2 years, we are going in view of a call to another church. It's almost surreal. I'm excited. I feel like we have taken the time to heal and be ready for a new position, and that God has led the way to this position. Right now I am simply trying to keep myself humbled in prayer and not count my chickens until they hatch. We will be heading to the church tomorrow afternoon for a come and go, meet and greet time where the church members can get to know us, and then I will be leading worship again with their choir and musicians on Sunday morning. There's a bit more pressure this time since it is the opportunity for the church members to decide if they want me to come and lead their worship. The vote will be Sunday night during their business meeting. 


   Overall, the pressure isn't too high (as long as I don't trip walking onto the platform, I should be fine). I am simply leading a worship service. The church members will either like the way I lead, or they won't. If the latter is the case and they vote to not call us, we will know that God has something else for us. While this is not what I hope for, I have to remember that my hopes are not the most important ones. God's are...so I remember this verse, Isaiah 40:31


31Yet those who wait for the LORD
         Will gain new strength;
         They will mount up with wings like eagles,
         They will run and not get tired,
         They will walk and not become weary.



We will wait on the Lord...if He calls us to this church, we are ready to go and minister here. If He calls us to wait awhile longer, then we will trust in His plan for us and hold fast to the knowledge that He is much smarter than me, and cares for me more than I can even care for myself. Please be in prayer for us this weekend. It will be busy and a bit stressful. However the wait is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment