Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's Day

   I hope you remembered to wear your green today. I had a nice busy afternoon preparing food for our family's party tonight. I made an Irish Boiled Dinner, Salmon Kedgeree, and White Irish Soda Bread. I don't know how authentic any of these items are (they were on the St Patrick's Day ideas on cooks.com), but it was fun to think we were eating Irish food. My Sister-in-law was kind enough to make a Shepard's Pie and my mother hosted the party and prepared a ginger, orange cake for dessert. We also had green punch. Lots of food and fun. Now I'm sitting on the bed wishing I had eaten less.

   Tomorrow will be the last day to work for my Dad full time. It has been fun and I am going to miss it. My Father and get along very well. Much better than many people I think. I've often had people comment about how nice it is that we can work together and not drive each other crazy. On the contrary, I truly enjoy spending the time with him. I hope each of you have pleasant memories of your parents. My parents have been a huge blessing in my life and I often don't take the time to tell them. Do you? We should. If it's not your parents, who do you have in your life that have been blessings? Take the time to tell them.

   Here's to family and friends.

May the road rise up to meet
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall soft on your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hands

No comments:

Post a Comment