Wednesday, March 30, 2011

First Week

   Well the first official week (and a half technically) has past. I've been commuting everyday, so that is less than perfect, but the actual work is going very well. My first Sunday only had a couple of small glitches. The glitches were little things that I think with time and practice we can iron out. I truly enjoy the work environment here, and the church as a whole has been very welcoming. You should see the amazing pile of food they gave us in our pounding (old practice of giving new people a "pound of this, a pound of that"). I think we may be eating on it for the next three years.
   I am challenged by the new aspects of being a music minister vs. being in the music ministry. I am challenged but not overwhelmed. I think these are things that will help me grow as a person, as a minister, as a musician, and as a Christian. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for my family and my new church family in the years and even months to come.
   On a final note, we finally got to close on our house today! So no more driving back every night. A little painting, new carpet, and then we are ready to move in! Super excited and ready to have some extra space again. Well goodnight for now. I pray God watches each of you who take the time to read my little piece of cyber brain waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment