Friday, May 13, 2011

Sticking it to the man...sort of...

   Kathy and I are officially Kansans now. We have moved in, gotten both cars tagged, applied for drivers licenses, and finally tonight we got our cell numbers changed to the local area code. It took me 5 tries today to get the phones changed. I called the local store to see what they would need...I went to the store thinking it should be a quick process...20 minutes later and the AT & T rep is talking to her service tech on the phone trying to figure out the process, and I had to leave. I went back after lunch and after another 20 minutes found out that the only plan available was going to cost more, so I left to discuss it with Kathy. We decided that we wanted to have local numbers so we would just bite the bullet and go for it, so I called customer service to do it over the phone. This lady started the conversation stating that it would take about 20 minutes...sounds familiar...it didn't and once again I had to cancel because of a meeting. The forth try still didn't take the supposed amount of time and I had to stop for a meeting. (this one was my fault...I should have known by now that they couldn't do this procedure in under 30 minutes.) However, when I called again tonight after getting home, the process went slick as a whistle and actually took about 20 minutes. Plus, the plan that supposedly didn't exist in this area (the one that doesn't add to my bill)... apparently does exist because this representative gave it to me without a question. So, take that AT & T! You're not getting my extra $10 a month. Of course you got an hour and 40 minutes of my day...I'm not sure who stuck it to who but I feel like I won in the end.

God Bess and Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment