Monday, November 5, 2012

Desert Song and the Election

We sang a new song in church yesterday, and the more I listen to it the more I like it. It's called "Desert Song" and it was released by the Hillsong Music group. The verses of the song speak about our dependence on God in the midst of our circumstances. The first three verses relate to difficult circumstances...times in our lives when we are going through trials, fires, battles etc...Then the chorus simply responds to who God is. It says:

    I will bring praise, I will bring praise
   no weapon formed against me shall remain
   I will rejoice, I will declare
   God is my victory and He is here...

I love this response. As Christians this should be our response to life...no matter what, I will bring praise because I know that my God has already won the victory and seen fit to allow me to be part of that victory. Through Jesus Christ and His sacrificial death on the cross, I have been adopted as a co-heir to eternity! The last verse of the song is a reminder that when life is good and going well, God has blessed us so that we can be a blessing to others. It's a great reminder. Something that we need to be reminded of often.

Why did I mention the election in the title of this post? Simply for this reason...Your candidate might be able to claim the victory tomorrow or they might lose, but the only one who can guarantee your absolute victory is God. If you are in Christ, the victory has been won. By all means go out and vote. Make your voice heard. Represent your King well by voting for men and women who stand for biblical values. But, at the end of the day, if worse comes to worse and you wonder where our country is headed, remember this...God was here before the United States, is here now in the United States, and will be here after the United States are gone (unless Jesus comes back first). Our trust is not in the government ruled by man but in the one who rules the universe. God is my VICTORY and He is here...now go vote tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment